Students fulfill the Early Start requirement by taking a math and/or English course during the summer at Cal Poly or another CSU campus.
View a complete list of summer Early Start courses being offered at CSU campuses by visiting the CSU Early Start Course Listing website.
To take Early Start courses at Cal Poly:
- Select Cal Poly from the Early Start link in the Student Center found in your Cal Poly portal
- Be on the lookout for communication from Cal Poly with registration information
- Register for the class(es)
Note: If you have been admitted and plan to attend Cal Poly in the fall, it is recommended you enroll in the Early Start Program at Cal Poly.
To take Early Start courses at another CSU campus (service campus):
- Select the campus from the Early Start link in the Student Center found in your Cal Poly portal
- Be on the lookout for communication from the selected campus with details on accessing the student portal for that campus
- Register for Early Start class(es)
How to Enroll
- Log into your student portal at my.calpoly.edu
- Under "Single Click Links," select Student Center
- Under Academics, click on the Enroll in Early Start link
- Click OK under the Voter Registration message
- To select a class:
Enter Class Number (from the liston the Course Page)
Click on Search
- Click on the Course Subject drop-down and choose "Early Start Math" or "Early Start English"
- Click Search
- Click on the "Select Class" button for the class you wish to take
- Click the "Next" button
- Repeat process if enrolling in both English and Math classes
- Click the "Proceed to step 2 of 3" button
- Click the "Finish Enrolling" button to complete the registration
- Click OK in the FA waiver box
- Review the success message and make a payment (optional).